Dangerous goods & explosives
There are two categories of dangerous goods Licences, and a separate course for each.
- Explosives (Class 1 dangerous goods), and
- Other Classes of dangerous goods (non explosive).
You must complete the appropriate course before you can apply to Workplace Standards Tasmania for your dangerous goods licence. If you already have a licence but it is due for renewal you may apply for our renewal course.
To attain a dangerous goods transport licence from Workplace Standards you must:
- be at least 21 years of age
- have held an Australian drivers licence for at least 12 months
- complete, or have completed a commercial drivers health assessment within the last 6 months.
When and where
Dangerous goods driver licence and licence renewal courses are conducted on a regular basis. They are also conducted on demand for three or more people (subject to trainer/assessor availability).
We conduct courses regularly in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie, and on site if the facilities are available.